Hot gas generators of CALSIM produce hot gas for technical test purposes. Significant amounts of time and money can be saved during thermal testing of vehicle exhaust system components.
Working principleHot gas is generated by combustion of natural gas or diesel fuel / heating oil EL mixed with cooling air.
Fields of application
Thermal testing of complete exhaust systems and components like catalytic converters, exhaust heat exchangers, gaskets, mufflers, suspensions and pipes.
- Thermal resistance testing
- Thermal shock testing
- Increased thermal shock loading
- In-process inspection
- Overtemperature loading
- Thermal fatigue test
- Time-saving function
Reduction in costs
In relation to normal engine test benches the use of our hot gas generators reduces the operation costs significantly.
- Elimination of dynamometer
- Elimination of combustion engine
- Elimination of cooling water circuit
- Fuel economy
- Use of low-cost natural gas or heating oil as fuel
- Elimination of maintenance work otherwise required
- Low space requirement
- Low costs for planning and certfication procedures
- Short preparation for new test specimen
- Convenient, repeatable thermal loading for test specimen
- Vast control range for exhaust gas mass flow
- Implementation of different exhaust gas counterpressures